Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Singapore Day!

We had a saying when we lived in China, you either had a good, bad or China day. We'll there is such a thing as a "Singapore Day" too. Sunday night we tried to cook potatoes in the oven, yes the new one they replaced Saturday. It kept shorting out and causing the breaker to go off in the kitchen. I also realized we have no ac/air con in the kitchen and it's hot as hades in there! We ended up cooking our meal on the stove top and buying a fan to sit on top of the fridge. This will NOT be a friendly place to go through "hot flashes" Can you say Cassie is really bitchy when she's hot? In China we had 2 one butt kitchens, we had 2 two bedroom apartments that were connected for us. I had 2 kitchens one on each side of the apartment and only 1 butt would fit in them at a time. Singapore is much more civilized and I have a 2 butt kitchen now!

On Sunday morning Rick and I took a walk to get the newspaper from the old Indian gent. On the way out the back gate of the complex there were 2 huge and I mean huge snails. I will get a picture, you have got to see these guys, the shells were as big as hermit crab shells. On Monday Rick went into work for an hour, ha....... 3 hours later he arrived home. I busied myself with cleaning the shower stall (Rick doesn't clean showers) and the black soot off the white kitchen cabinets and lining all the shelves with shelf paper. Yes I can play "Martha Stewart" in Singapore! Laundry........must take a picture for you..... I will have to wash at least 2 loads a day because the washer/dryer are so small. The washer will only hold one set of sheets. You can wash from 48 min. to 2.5 hours. I'll washing everything for 48 min...... I think that should be enough cleanliness! The dryer vents right into the laundry room, Did I mention the laundry which is off the kitchen does not have ac? I have told Rick we need to figure out a way vent the dryer out the window! I will be buying a stand up ac unit or endustral fan for the laundry area which also has the maids "room, more like closet" and bath. Cassie is sweating her arse off, maybe the 10 lbs I put on in Lower Slower Delaware will come off quicker than I thought! See I'm trying to stay positive!

Time to go, the movers will be here soon with our household goods. It will take 2 days and they will unpack everything and cart the boxes etc. away. Unpack means take things out of boxes and put on floor. Cassie will have to put everything a way and do my favorite thing "organize" Someone will come back on Thursday and hang pictures in the cinder block walls for me. They apartment management is supposed to come and fix the "new" oven today!!! I sure hope so I plan on making Rick a cake on Thursday for his b-day. It might have to be a micro-wave cake! Does Martha have a recipe for micro-wave cake?

Singapore Trivia: The largest fountain in the world is in Singapore at Suntec City.
Hugs,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.